Maps and links to further information
People often overestimate how long it takes to get around on foot. You can easily walk a mile in 20 minutes, or a quarter of a mile in about five minutes.
- Walking releases endorphins, so you will arrive at your destination feeling fresh, relaxed and more alert.
- Just being outdoors helps top up your vitamin D levels.
- Walking burns calories to help maintain a healthy weight.
- Walking reduces the risk of developing health problems.
- Walking can improve the flexibility and strength of your muscles, joints and bones.
Even if you live just a bit too far to make the whole journey on foot, taking public transport will give you more of an opportunity to walk. There are some excellent park and ride schemes in Cheltenham and Gloucester too.
Gloucestershire Walk Maps
- Cheltenham Active Travel Map
- Churchdown and Innsworth Locality Map and Guide
- East Gloucester Locality Map & Guide
- Gloucester Town Centre Access Map
- Hempsted Locality Map & Guide
- Kingsway Quedgeley Map
- Longlevens, Longford & Elmbridge Locality Map & Guide
- Lydney Locality Map & Guide
- Wye Valley Walk Map
Cotswold AONB Walk Maps
- Slaughters to Bourton Walk Map
- Stanton, Snowshill and the Edge walk map
- Stow on the Wold Walk Map
- Villages of the Windrush Walk Map
- West Down, Drypool and Cleeve Hill Walk Map