These resources provide help and guidance for anyone with an interest in addressing local transport issues. The materialsare targeted at community organisations, businesses and schools, as well as those planning for local development or involved in supporting the rural economy.
The Communities Connected (CIC) Thinktravel toolkit provides a practical guide to encouraging sustainable transport, with links to more detailed information on issues such as workplace travel, parking problems and encouraging active travel.
The full toolkit and supporting resources are freely available to download and adapt below.
- CiC Toolkit Resource A: Access & Place Audit Photo Montage
- CiC Toolkit Resource B: Audit
- CiC Toolkit Resource C: Traffic Count Template - Traffic Flows
- CiC Toolkit Resource D: Traffic Count Template - Site Specific
- CiC Toolkit Resource E: Traffic County Template Trip Generation
- CiC Toolkit Resource F: Personalised Travel Planning
- CiC Toolkit Resource G: Parking Survey
For further information, using the toolkit and additional support, please contact Communities Connected CIC firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07881 805 952
Modeshift STARS is a national schools awards scheme that has been established to recognise schools that have demonstrated excellence in supporting cycling, walking and other forms of sustainable travel.
Schools can develop their own school travel plan for free up until March 2018.
The National Clean Air Day site has lots of free resources and ideas for improving air.