Communities care about where they live. The local services and activities available have a big influence on people’s lives, as does the transport options to get out and about.
The resources below provide help and guidance for anyone with an interest in addressing local transport issues. The materials are targeted at community organisations, businesses and schools, as well as those planning for local development or involved in supporting the rural economy.
CIC Thinktravel toolkit
The Communities Connected (CIC) Thinktravel toolkit provides a practical guide to encouraging sustainable transport, with links to more detailed information on issues such as workplace travel, parking problems and encouraging active travel.
Community Connect CIC is a social enterprise, a person-centred approach to improve an adult with a mild to moderate learning disability self-esteem, confidence, independence, well-being, enhance the quality of life, building relationships in the community. Combating social isolation and loneliness. Community Inclusion and Involvement, joining up with community groups, organisations, and local businesses, to promote social skills and employment aspects.
The full sustainable transport toolkit and supporting resources can be downloaded using the links below - feel free to adapt them!
- CiC Toolkit resource A: Access and place audit photo montage
- CiC Toolkit resource B: audit
- CiC Toolkit resource C: traffic county template - traffic flows
- CiC Toolkit resource D: traffic count template - site specific
- CiC Toolkit resource E: traffic county template trip generation
- CiC Toolkit resource F: personalised travel planning
- CiC Toolkit resource G: parking survey
For further information, using the toolkit and additional support, please email Communities Connected CIC or call 07881 805 952.