Park & ride
The benefits of Park and Ride
Park and Ride gives you the best of both worlds. You can take the car part-way, then get on a bus and sail straight into town, stress-free.
The Park and Ride service eliminates all the worst bits of driving into town. So you don’t have to waste time looking for a parking space. And you don’t have to fight through the traffic into the centre.
Gloucester park & ride facilities:
- Waterwells Park and Ride (GL2 2AB) is situated to the South of Gloucester just off the A38 in Quedgeley, 1.8 miles from M5 junction 12. Stagecoach 66 services now links Waterwells park and ride with wider destinations such as Gloucester Quays, Gloucester City Centre, Stonehouse, Stroud. It replaces the dedicated service to Gloucester only.
- Ticketing and fare information can be found here.
Cheltenham park & ride facilities:
- Arle Court Park and Ride (GL51 6SY) is signposted from the M5 at Junction 11. Bennetts Coaches provide the high quality, easy access service 511, running to and from Cheltenham town centre at least every 12 minutes during the day on Mondays to Saturdays.
- Cheltenham Racecourse Park and Ride (to the North of Cheltenham - GL50 4SH, close to the A435 Evesham Road) is served by the Stagecoach service D (Bishops Cleeve). It links the racecourse with the centre of Cheltenham and Cheltenham Spa Railway Station every 10 minutes during the day on Mondays to Saturdays.
- Gloucester and Cheltenham Hospitals Stagecoach service 99 runs at least every 30 minutes during the day on Mondays to Fridays between the racecourse Park and Ride and both Cheltenham and Gloucester Hospitals.
There’s even a special extra service for Gloucester Rugby’s home matches.